It’s safe to say that just about everyone would like their bathroom to be a little more like a spa. Well, there are dozens of things, both big and small, that you can do to create that spa vibe in your own bathroom.
Part of what makes going to a spa so special, is that all of your senses are engaged. You’ll have soothing instrumental music, candles, dim lighting, a soft cozy robe, and maybe a glass of cucumber water. Those are the things that make it an entire experience. They might seem simple, but without even just one of them, it will take away from the experience.
Here are a few simple things you can do without renovating your bathroom:
- Add plants- they add a more natural and breathable feel to your bathroom.
- Handwoven baskets to hold things like towels or soaps.
- Candles. This should be the first thing you think of when you think spa. But don’t forget essential oils too.
- Special soaps, bath salts, oils, bubble bath, rose petals, bath bombs, epsom salts… anything you can add to a hot bath that has a great scent and feel.
- Amazing towels. Towels are great. They’re soft and comfy, especially when warm. They can be a beautiful addition to a room if rolled and displayed as any spa would.
If you are renovating your bathroom, or plan to, then you might want to consider a few upgrades like:
- Adding pebbles or rocks around the tub or on the walls.
- Choose soft and neutral color pallets. Most spas choose that sandstone type color with a mix of bamboo.
- Choose the right counter tops. Marble is a popular choice for a spa retreat, while adding that elegant and luxurious quality.
- Put in mirrors that accentuate and open up the space.
- Add light dimmers so that you can dim the lights for a quiet bath. Or even just for a slow morning wake-up. Or just add low lighting.
- Incorporate textures like a stack stone wall in a teak or white tone, or even black if you want your spa on the darker side ( like a bali retreat)
- Upgrade your shower head to something more luxurious- like a waterfall or rain shower head. Or even something jetted for a massage while you soak.
- Add hot towel racks to hang your towels. So when you dry up they will be nice and warm.
- Add radiant heat to your floors so your toes will never be cold.
- If you want to go for a more Moroccan style spa, or maybe a Turkish bath, choose tiled walls with elegant designs and gorgeous hanging lights.
- Remember, simplicity is the key to creating the overall atmosphere that will relax you. Nothing says tension like clutter.